What is the FireStats installer?
- FireStats Installer is a small web application that can install and upgrade FireStats for you. It can save you the bother and the time of downloading the latest version, extracting it and uploading it using your ftp client.
- See the screen-shot.
Why would I want to use the installer?
- If you install FireStats with the installer, the you will not need to upload FireStats to your server (it's pretty big and have many files) - only the installer, which is small.
- When it's time to upgrade FireStats, you will be able to it with just a few clicks using the Installer.
Can I install FireStats manually if I have problems with the installer?
- Sure, FireStats is very easy to install, it's just big.
Download FireStats installer 1.0.4-stable from here.
- Standalone : Install somewhere on your server web root, access via your browser.
- As a WordPress plugin : Unzip into the wp-content/plugins directory, activate and access via Plugins->FireStats installer (Site Admin->FireStats installer in WPMU)
In both cases, you should make the file installer-config.php and the directory temp inside firestats-installer writable.
- Updated http client lib (php 5.3 compatibility)
- Supports WPMU: FireStats installer menu is installed into Site Admin on WPMU (Because the plugins menu is typically turned off)
- Added a proper warning when PHP safe mode is active.
- Fixed a typo in the default directory name
- Fixed to use HEAD request when checking file size to avoid false hit count