New and Noteworthy (Explanations and screen-shots)
[query:status=closed&milestone=1.5 Closed tickets list]
- Exclude IP addresses by range
- Added support for excluding hits by urls and referrers.
- IPv6 Support
- There is a new 'time since added' column In the referrers view, when viewing by 'newest first'.
- Now displays search engine icon and search terms in hits table where appropriate.
- Integrated with WordPress version check mechanism, new version message now appears also in WordPress plugins list.
- Now properly converts search.walla.co.il referrers to utf-8.
- It's now possible to control which sites each user is permitted to access (#478).
- Added support for Norwegian and Russian search engines.
- Now possible to see visits/page views singe midnight as well as in last 24 hours.
- Added an option to download the configuration file if it's not writable
- Fixed to convert Cyrillic keywords encoded in windows 1251 to utf-8 (#590).
- Renamed Services_JSON to fs_Services_JSON to prevent conflict with other instances of this class.
- Fixed a bug which caused pages to appear in the popular posts widget in WordPress (#605).
- Fixed splitting of long unicode strings (no longer split in the middle of a multichar utf-8 character) (#575)
- Fixed a bug that caused FireStats to check for a new version too often.
- Fixed a bug that caused errors in WordPress admin section if an incorrect FireStats address was entered into the FireStats options page (Satellite mode only)
- Updated flags package to include Surinam and a few other flags.
- Improved startup time by checking for new version asynchrnously.
- Optimized commit-pending.php to process 600 hits/sec (in my benchmark, may be slower for real life cases)
- Optimized popular pages query on mysql < 4.1.14
- Created a generic codepage to utf-8 encoder.
- It's no longer possible have newly added hits which match an exclude criteria to be saved.
- To improve performance, Excluded entries are no longer excluded from the display before they have been actually purged, but just marked as excluded.
- Now store IP addresses as a pair of bigints instead of as a string, this is required to handle ipv6 addresses correctly.
- Removed site_id from hits table (will use site_id from url)
- Fixed a bug with the Widgets in WP 2.6 (#779) (16/07/2008)
- Fixed a bug that caused some problems for upgrading users on WordPress 2.5.x (#755)
- Joomla 1.5 UI updated by OneMarko.
- Fixed another bug with the UTF-8 encoding detector.
- Fixed default encoding for the atlas.cz search engine to cp1251
- Received a port to Joomla 1.5 from onemarko, Thanks! (#760,#615,#728,#740)
- Fixed a bug in the UTF-8 encoding detection which caused problems in some yandex urls. (#763)
- Worked around a MySQL bug that prevented committing of pending hits in some cases.
- Fixed a few non critical security holes (XSS, Information disclosure) (#755, #756)
- Fixed upgrade mechanism to be more robust and to work correctly with Firefox aggressive caching.
- Fixed a bug with the new-version-check mechanism
- Updated ip2c database to version 2008.06.09
- BUG : Fixed a that prevented non admin users in standalone installation from choosing site filter. (#743)
- Changed urls and useragents to use binary collation, this solves a problem processing some urls/useragents in buffered mode. (#738)
- Fixed a bug that caused edited WordPress posts to disappear from the stats (#540)
- Fixed a bug in buffered hits processing mode that was caused by WordPress adding slashes to urls/useragents.
- Improved performance of some queries by eliminating an unneeded join.
- Fixed a bug in buffered hits processing mode that caused FireStats to record urls of hit even if the hit is excluded based on useragent (and vise versa).
- Added an upgrade step that eliminated unused urls inserted by the previous bug.
- Fixed a bug in buffered hits processing mode that was caused by WordPress adding slashes to useragents.
- Fixed parsing of Google search terms when user came from advanced search page. (#718)
- Fixed a bug that prevented editing ranges of excluded IP addresses in the settings tab.
- Fixed a bug with the time display of recent referrers when sorted by newest first on mysql older than 4.1.13 (#722)
- Now attempts to detect utf-8 strings before converting search terms to utf-8 (#707)
- Updated ip2c database to version 2008.05.01
- Fixed a bug causing Call to undefined function: get_userdata() in wp and wpmu in some cases. (#694, #701)
- Fixed a bug that caused FireStats to count excluded users in WordPress when using buffered hits mode (#698).
- Fixed session code not to kill WordPress admin page if there is a problem with the sessions permissions.
- Fixed a WPMU upgrade problem
- Fixed the Mutex test in the system diagnostics page.
- Romanian translation contributed by Georgiana Beju
- Due to mysql 4.1 bugs the minimum version for delayed commits is now mysql 5.0
- Fixed commit-pending-hits not to die in case of error (and killing the calling script with it!)
- Fixed a bug with the recalculation of country codes (#677)
- Fixed The Mutex test on system diagnostics page (25/3/2008)
- Fixed Fixed a bug that prevented database upgrade on WPMU (25/3/2008)
- Fixed A few bugs introduced by WP 2.5 (#665, #667).
- Fixed bug when upgrading from very old FireStats (#668)
- Fixed a bug with commit-pending-hits on mysql 4.1 (#671)
- Updated ip2c database to version 2008.3.31
- Updated ip2c database to version 2008.3.10
- Updated bots list to include many new bots
- WordPress plugin no longer includes pluggable.php, which caused problems to wp 2.0 users. (#643)
- Fixed a pass-by-reference syntax error (#641)
- Fixed bug that caused ips in exclude table to be inserted when using buffered hits mode (#638)
- Fixed visitors-since-midnight to use the user's timezone correctly AGAIN. (#635)
- Fixed a bug that caused bots to be recorded.
- Fixed hits-since-midnight to consider time-zone.
- Fixed dhtml windows z-index (now they appear under hourglass).
- Fixed an IE7 bug in the settings tab layout.
- Fixed the mutex test in the diagnostics page to work on IE7