Installation for ASP.NET, using C#:
- ASP.NET 2.0 website
- FireStats 1.3.5 or higher (Downloaded after 16/8/2007)
- PHP and MySQL as required by FireStats.
- Download FireStats
- Create a /firestats folder in the root of your website, and extract the files there
- In your browser, open URL (your_site's_domain)/firestats, or /firestats.index.php, if it's not a default for your site
- Enter the DB credentials at bottom left
- In the FireStats interface, go to Sites Management, and click on "Add a new site". Add your site
Now you're done with the FireStats installation. The ASP.NET part:
- Add the class found in: firestats/integration/C#/cs_hit.cs to your web application.
- If you're using multiple sites, you can specify the ID of the site in your web.config file, by adding the following line to the <configuration><appSettings> section: <add key="fs_site_id" value="(your site ID)" />
- Now simply use FireStats.Send() in the Page_Load of each page you'd like to monitor. If you use a master page, just put it once in the master page's Page_Load, and you're done!
To see your statistics, go to (your_site's_domain)/firestats.